The Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary(F.M.M) was founded in 1877 by Mary of the Passion (Helen de Chappotin) at Ootacamund, Tamilnadu - an International Religious Congregation of women comprising 78 nationalities spread over 77 countries in the five Continents of the world.
We discover Christ's message of Love through our life of prayer and work and transmit this to our brothers and sisters by our varied activities. Being Missionaries like Francis of Assisi, our preference is to work for the poor and the marginalized whoever they may be, to create a more just and human society.
One of our major activities in India is providing formal education at all levels. Being a minority in the country all our educational institutions give preference to Catholic students; others are also admitted irrespective of caste and creed. We commit ourselves to serve the economically weak, socially backward and needy students.
The Following are the broad objectives of our Education:
We Strive to inculcate in the staff and students.
- A sound philosophy of life based on faith in God
- An academic competence that build children of character and responsibility
- A deep respect for the human person
- A formation in values of truth, love, justice, freedom and peace
- An awareness of society and problems related to justice, equality and peace in the national and International sphere.
Our Lady's Nursery School was founded in the year 1934 by the Institute of The Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.